Community of vibrant
and global thinkers
Confident learners – Caring community – Creative thinkers
… Exploring global perspectives
Our Learning Principles form our school aims and are based upon the shared understanding that learning is most effective when:
- Students are healthy, caring and have the self-confidence to learn from their mistakes, the perspectives of others and form their own opinions.
- The learning environments and educational resources that students use are accessible, stimulate curiosity and embrace the dynamic possibilities of digital technologies.
- Students explicitly understand learning intentions and success criteria.
- Students are critical thinkers and construct their own knowledge and understanding through an inquiry-based approach.
- Curriculum content is meaningful to the student and leads to interdisciplinary and conceptual understanding.
- Thinking is visible and students collaborate effectively and respectfully with their peers and others.
- Students explore and apply a variety of strategies to organise and approach their learning.
- Students receive effective feedback based upon pre-set criteria and are intrinsically motivated to learn.
- There is a broad and balanced curriculum through which students can experience success in a variety of different ways.
- Education and the ethos of the school are valued and encouraged in the family home.